The Bloodletter




 

I fell in love with a bloodletter

and longed to see him more!

Saved my pennies everyday 

to lie upon his floor.


His gentle touch, a tender squeeze

how much can I withstand?

A beauty is my bloodletter,

with scalpel in his hand?


Is this general interest?

This sweet phlebotomy?

I noticed from the onset,

that he took such care of me.


First, I took my coat off

for this lavish antidotist.

He watched my arteries and veins,

Impeccable and focused.


A believer! A reliever!

Bade me settle in my skin.

So talked about the healing

and the state I had been in


Then, with brief precision,

It will only hurt a prick

Warm and flowing, letting going

drawing out the sick


Innumerable my visits!

enough that I lost count

my paling skin now growing thin,

not minding bloods amount.


 So more he drew and more I gave.

Our hemophilia!

I bade him please... and stop and whoa

I feared toxemia!


But lying there, now weak and bare

Unbuttoned by the deed

Convinced that it would heal the deep,

Provide me what I need.

 

Gauze and shoes and shawls and doors

Fatigued and stumbling!

On my way, no words to say

He left me mumbling.


Gaunt and colder than before,

still longed for remedy

I wandered down forgotten streets

now left to memory.


Am I alone my Letter love?

Oh will you make me plea?

Lie a while and show you care

Oh, wont you bleed with me?


Fool I am!

For I mistook a draw to be a daut!

Fine healers do The Letters make

while I, for love had sought!


Oh my Letter, look what you've done!

I'm wanting you to keep,

and know that if I let you stay

I'd let you Let me deep.







Comments

Popular Posts